Friday, February 4, 2011

A Charlotte Mason Pre-School Schedule

In my last post I talked about some of our curriculum resources.  A reader recently emailed me and asked me to talk a little bit about how our week is typically structured. 


So I present to you a weekly "schedule" that I put together for use with my two preschool aged children.  I put "schedule" in quotation becaues really this is just a light list of things to do on days when I could use some inspiration and guidance.  (Because who can stand watching another episode of Barney?!  Am I right?)  :)   So, again, this schedule is not something I follow rigidly.   In fact, on many days I throw this entire schedule out the window and just go with the flow as opportunities present themselves. 

This schedule may look like a lot of things to cover with a preschooler.  However, I have to say that many of these things take less than 5-10 minutes.  The rest of them are just naturally incorporated into our day.  (For example listening to music while we clean up the house.)    Also, although it is not explicitly stated, the majority of our preschoolers day is spent busily involved in free, unstructured play and plenty of time spent out-of-doors.  

This schedule is available to download below from ScribD.   In the following days, I will also talk a bit about what these various segments look like in our day.  (Picture study, music study, etc.)


A Charlotte Mason Preschool Schedule                                                            



Do YOU have a question for The Attached Mama?  Would you like to request a blog post or comment on an article I have here?  Please feel free to contact me directly -or- leave a comment on my blog.
Links to Become Attached to:
Ambleside Online (a resource for a free Charlotte Mason education)
Simply Charlotte Mason
Sonlight, literature based curriculum
Homeschool Creations, host of the weekly Pre-School Corner



7 comments:

RockerMom said...

I'm a schedule-maker, myself, so I can appreciate this. I also schedule our week and then use it as a guide more than a schedule. Robbie's days are mostly filled with free play. I am a big fan of the "sites to become attached to" you listed. Thanks for sharing!

Stephanie said...

Thank you so much for posting your schedule. We're about to embark on CM year 0 and I have no clue how to structure our days. This is a great stepping stone for me to see what will work (and HOW!) for us. THANK YOU!

Summer said...

Thank you for posting your schedule. It gave me a few ideas for next year. :)

Ticia said...

That looks like a great schedule. I'm so bad at sticking to the schedules I create.

Martianne said...

I have created similar schdules but am learning that life before kids -w hen I was a classroom teacher - and life as a homeschooling mom of wee ones have changed my personal discipline to stick to plans! ;) I am trying to move back into something like you have though as my son hits K age. So, thank you for posting your ideas. Also, FYI: on my blog, through Sunday, is a giveaway you might like for additional ideas and resources for your kids. http://traininghappyhearts.blogspot.com/2011/02/worldwide-montessori-giveaway.html

Jessica said...

What is "HWOT"?

lizzysmom11 said...

Handwriting without tears

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com